[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: nutrient dosing frequency
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: nutrient dosing frequency
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 09:35:47 -0700
- In-reply-to: <200208020748.g727m4o20519 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> From: Paul Krombholz <krombhol at teclink_net>
> Subject: nutrient IV drips?
> I think the opinion pendulum is swinging way too far in the direction
> of too frequent additions of nutrients that can actually be added
> much less frequently.
Very true. After CO2, every 3 days is fine even at very fast growth rates
IME/IMO. I've never seen any advantage in plant growth or less algae growth
by adding it every day or drip etc. The only advantage is not remembering to
add it and this I think is more what many are getting at here. "I want to be
a consistent doser, not have to remember and want to be lazy". Remembering
and work do have their rewards though..........
"opinion pendulum", I love that term!