Re: Bacterial Clouds

>What bacterial blooms are surmised to be, are dead bacteria who found
>themselves suspended in the water, since they have lost their sessile >hold
on the substrate...

There are numerous free-floating or swimming bacteria and algaes that can
accomplish blooms quite well if nutrients are available.  Dead bacteria are
not required.

>The equilibrium is so delicate, that I would not suggest more then a
>10 % water change every week.

If the tap water is very high in nutrients and/or the tank is immature, this
could be true.  But in general, the volume of water changes should in no way
affect the biological balance or equilibrium of a mature and not eutrophic
tank.  I find mature tanks quite remarkably stable, not a delicate
equilibrium at all.

Robert