toilets for the fishes

Hello Everybody,
Few days back, I added 2 stones stuffed with some kind of locally collected
Willow Moss in my 50 gal aquarium.  They are dark green and hairy.  While
observing those I found all of the fishes visiting the moss, few are even
taking rest on moss (black moly, rainbow shark, tetra and zebra are among
those), flapping their fins and returning one after another.  I asked
myself what they are doing on the moss?  To my surprise, I discovered that
the fishes are coming to discharge their waste on the moss.  The waste is
decomposing very fast and fresh matters are added every time.  My family
members are really enjoying it and we are at last happy to make  toilets
for the fishes.  Is it normal or what may be the cause of it?

Best Regards,
Zamshed / BANGLADESH