Re: sometimes I wonder

I can't answer the questions but something that made me stop and wonder:
was reading a few days ago that angelfish, after two have their first
nest of eggs, they stay with each other til death.... now could someone
tell this newbie if collecting the sediment from a local pond would make
a good substrate? Got my first tank going, now want to do the next step
and try a substrate with rooted plants..........also found at the store
a large banana plant. It's leaves look more like a water lily. I am
impressed and wonder why I have never seen this large type before.
thanks, rts