Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #243

On Sunday 28 July 2002 01:48, Edward Venn wrote:

> I'd like to get back on to the subject of plants. Some very nice people
> sent me some cordifolus, ozelot and swartzi seeds. The seeds germinated at
> temps of 30¼C and 90% humidity but have not grown any since they threw up 2
> small leaves. At present I have over 100 1 cm tall plantlets that are doing
> well but have shown no inclination to grow.

My cordifolius seedlings stayed small for two or three months.  They put on a
few more narrow grass-like leaves, but the plants stayed small.  They didn't
start growing adult-style leaves until after I planted them fully submersed
in an aquarium.  I don't know whether they responded to the deeper water, to
some other environmental change, or whether the time was finally right.

Roger Miller