SA Catfish

I would hesitate to put either ancistrus or peckoltia in a 40 long if you
want to plant it. They are great fish and fun to watch, but not very
graceful. Moving around the bottom of the tank they tend to dig stuff up by
accident. It can be really frustrating to carefully plant the tank, then
come in the next morning & discover half the plants floating at the surface.
They probably won't eat the plants (although I've heard some stories...) but
IME they do alot of damage just moving around the tank.

In any case, remember that unless you are growing algae on purpose, and
maybe even then, you'll need to supplement their diet with algae tabs and/or
fresh veggies like zucchini, lettuce, or peas.

-rs