Re: South American Bottom Feeders

In a message dated 7/23/02 2:57:32 PM Central Daylight Time,

> they
> munch my plants?
>
> The archives seem to indicate that Farlowella might put holes in my Amazon
> Sword plants, and possibly that they are demanding and delicate - any
> experience there?  An old APD post suggested members of the genus

I have attempted to keep some Farlowellas in the past, have found them to be
delicate and sensitive.  If you are looking for a good, sturdy, and smaller
algae eater, think about the ancistrus species, bristlenose.  I have some
bristlenose and I love them, they are hearty, do their job, and do not mess
with anyone.  In fact, you can get some beautiful sailfin types if you search
enough-www.boesterscichlids.com.  I am fairly certain there are several types
of bristlenose that originate from South America.

Good Luck,

Don

multipart/alternative
  text/html