[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: GH
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:15:09 -0700
- In-reply-to: <200207230748.g6N7m2Y23438 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> Hi Everyone,
> If my GH is 9 do I need to add magnesium to my tank for my plants?
Very unlikely. Possible but very unlikely. Why don't you call the water
department up and ask?
> Would an excess of magnesium kill fish/plants?
It seems to take an awful lot and I'm not sure what the upper limits are but
for most plants in a CO2 planted tank, say 100ppm of Mg at least. That's a
fair amount. That's what my tap has anyhoo. SO4, Ca even higher