Re: Lamotte vs AP

> The LaMotte is MUCH easier to use for me.  Matching to
> actual water samples beats a paper card any day (IMO).

"It works for all of us here."

Well, no, it doesn't. That's the point. The LaMotte kits are gross overkill
and are too costly for many people entering the hobby. This list does a
great dis-service to the hobby by continuing to promote the attitude that
high-dollar gadgetry and complicated techniques are required for success.
There's quite the herd here that is entrenched in that approach. If you want
to be a cow, go ahead, but don't speak for "all of us". If you can accept
the assertion that a lack of precision is acceptable, then reading the color
chart on a paper card is close enough.

TW