RE: LaMotte Test Kits

	Daphne,

	It sounds like you have the comparator.  The slide system has
	the reference in a bar that is moved until the color aligns with
	the sample tube.  I had one several years ago and preferred
	it to the comparator.

	The best way to get info on the kits is to go to the LaMotte web
	site but the Nitrate kit Pet Warehouse sells isn't even listed on the
	LaMotte site (or at least I couldn't find it).

	Also the pH kit Pet Warehouse sells is not very useful.  It has a
	range of 5.0 - 8.5 in 0.5 increments but the color change in the
	last half of the scale is not very clear.   LaMotte sells a couple
	of narrow range kits that would be more suitable for aquarium
	use.  The old Bromthymol blue mainstay has a pH range
	of 6.0 - 7.4 in 0.2 increments and the have a Phenol red kit
	that would be better for my use that has a range of 6.8 - 8.2 in 0.2 increments.

	However these things cost over $25 each.  It will be a VERY
	long time before I buy another LaMotte kit considering the
	quality has taken such a decline.

	Lyndle