Re: Asian Ambulia--?Latin name

Diane Brown wrote:

>I seem to recall this coming up recently, but can't find the right thread
>in the archives.  I just bought some "asian ambulia" from a store that also
>carries a plain "ambulia", which is referenced on the Tropica web site as
>"Limnophila Sessiflora".  I'm not sure if what I have is a different
>variety of the same species, or a completely different species
>altogether....with perhaps different requirements.  Any input gladly
>appreciated!

I've seen Limnophila aquatica, L. indica, and L. sessiliflora all referred
to as "Ambulia" at one time or another, but I can only remember seeing
"Asian Ambulia" used in reference to L. sessiliflora.  My guess is that's
what you bought.  Hard to say for sure, though.
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee