Re: Java Fern Propogation

> My Java Ferns have developed black spots on the leaves where "fur" and
root
> like appendages appear to be growing.
>
> Is this a normal process?

> Are these appendages some form of propogation?  If so what I do with them?

It's the java fern normally propagating.  The "fur" appendages (roots) will
lengthen over time and leaves will also appear.  Once they get to a decent
size (large enough to "plant" on their own), you can remove them with a tug.
An easy way to propagate java fern is to allow a large leave to float at the
top of the tank for a couple of weeks.  It will develop spores that will
become small java fern plants over time.

Chris