[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Rip Van Winkle wakes up and is blinded by the light
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Rip Van Winkle wakes up and is blinded by the light
- From: "George Booth" <gbooth at frii_com>
- Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 15:59:49 -0000
- References: <200207141948.g6EJm1228349 at acme_actwin.com>
> Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 01:31:03 -0700
> From: "Robert H" <robertph3 at attbi_com>
> Well I realize you are a bit older than me, but I don't know how far back
> your "old days" are.
We started planted tanks in 1986. I think there was a alt.aquaria.??? FAQ
back then with the good old 2-3 w/g numbers.
> I took the numbers from everyone and sort of averaged them togther
Oh, my goodness :-)
> And George, I thought you used to run Metal Halides?
We still do - two 175w over a 120 g tank. But ... they are suspended high
enough above the tank so that the intensity at the surface is that same as
the 1.6 w/g tanks (15,000 Lux), so I consider it to be 1.6 w/g also.
George Booth in Ft. Collins, CO (gbooth at frii dot com)
The website for Aquatic Gardeners by Aquatic Gardeners