re:JBJ Light not working

JoAnn,
I'm not too keen on electrical stuff either. I did, however, try my darndest when the same happened to me- also a JBJ fixture. I tried replacing the bulb and it worked for maybe a day and then sporadic for a few days and then kaput. I'm not sure what the problem was but, when I wrote to the guys over at JBJ, they assured me they'd fix it. And they did. In fact, since I am fortunate to live only about 30 minutes away, they fixed it while I waited. 5 minutes. Quick and painless. I'm sure they will do the same for you. Not sure what their web address is but just do a search for Transworld Aquatics or JBJ lighting. It might also help to address the e-mail to Manny. Seems he's the bossman around there. Tell 'em Kurt sent ya! Just kidding ;-).
Kurt N.

working. It's not the bulbs, so I'm guessing maybe a ballast? Does
anyone know if JBJ puts each bank on a separate ballast? One row of
lights is not working, while the other is fine. I thought I smelled
something burning this morning, but didn't think to check the
fixture. The other day the same bank went out for awhile but came
back on, so I didn't think much of it.

Is it possible to replace a ballast and if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

JoAnn <<<<<

multipart/alternative
  text/html