Re; EZ Ballast CF lights??? Azoo tests?

> Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:02:38 -0500
> From: "Tom Wood" <tomwood2 at flash_net>
>Subject: Re; EZ Ballast CF lights??? Azoo tests?
>
>"I think the straight pin is the more common setup but if you are running 96
>watt lamps then you need the square pin arrangement. I don't think anyone
>but Panasonic is making those lamps. Those setups look very nice but have
>one glaring drawback as they have no reflector. As with any HO or VHO lamp
>it is pointless to use those types of lamps without a reflector."
>
>Say what? The AH Supply 96 watt CF kits come with a reflector. It's really
>just a matter of cutting the sheet metal to the right length. The shape of
>the pin connector is irrelevant.
>
>TW

 This thread did not mention AH Supply.  IT was about EZ-Ballast CF
 lights, as mentioned in the subject line, and these are lights I was
 looking at in the Dr's Foster & SMith catalog, as mentioned in the
 first letter in this thread.  I asked a list of questions, one of
 which was about the difference between straight and aquare pin bulbs,
 and how common they were.
    Wayne was kind enough to reply to my questions,(Thank you Wayne!)
 in a helpful, non-proselytizing manner.
     So, hopefully this will help straighten that misunderstanding
 out.
    -Chrys