Re: haze

Roxanne Bittman stated:

>I have noticed a whitish haze as the harbinger of green water bloom.
>It only looks white in the beginning; once it gets going, it will look
>nice and green.

I agree, Roxanne.  One way to tell if a pale haze is GW is to put some of
the offending water in a white bucket or container.  In my experience, the
water in the white container will have a discernible green tinge if GW is
present.  It's particularly obvious under sunlight.  If there's no green,
the haze is probably due to bacteria.  It's not exactly high science, but
it works for me ;).
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee