Re:Timing fish introduction

>>OK, Tom, I understood and probably agreed with the rest of this post,
but the fish delay thing confuses me. Can you explain why you say to do
it this way? [Remember, I'm a fishkeeper who keeps plants as much for
the fish's sake as for appearance. :-) I'm not a sane aquatic gardener.]<<

Actually this is the one part of Tom's statement I dont agree with either,
so I'd like to hear your reasoning as well. If you never see "cycling" in a
"properly planted tank" what is the danger to putting in fish right from the
start?  This is pretty much what I have been doing. The only time I had a
problem was when I was fiddling with the CO2 trying to reach the right level
too quickly and ended up killing some fish.

Robert Paul Hudson
http://www.aquabotanic.com