[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Timing fish introduction ( was Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #194)
- To: Aquatic Plants Digest <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Timing fish introduction ( was Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #194)
- From: Wright Huntley <jwwiii at pacbell_net>
- Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 15:23:42 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:0.9.4.1) Gecko/20020314Netscape6/6.2.2
> Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 12:07:24 -0700
> From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
> Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #194
Tom answered Jack with:
> Add fish the next day(algae eaters). Pack the tank from very start with
> plants, DO NOT WAIT FOR THEM TO GROW IN. Add them from the start.
> After you need to prune the plants a couple of times, add the main fish,
> about a month or so later.
OK, Tom, I understood and probably agreed with the rest of this post,
but the fish delay thing confuses me. Can you explain why you say to do
it this way? [Remember, I'm a fishkeeper who keeps plants as much for
the fish's sake as for appearance. :-) I'm not a sane aquatic gardener.]
Wright Huntley -- 209 521-0557 -- 731 Loletta Ave, Modesto CA 95351
"The right of self-government does not comprehend the government of others."
-- Thos. Jefferson --
That's what Independence Day is all about, isn't it? <www.self-gov.org>