Re: Injecting CO2 into canister filters

> I've been injecting co2 into my canister filter for a couple months now.
> Seems to work great. I don't understand how you could loose co2 in this
> setup, unless something is consuming it in the filter media. The co2 will

There is little doubt in my mind that injecting CO2 into a canister filter is
efficient.  My concern is the safety, after having my Eheim canister lock up
3 separate times while injecting CO2.  When I have commented on this before,
many have said they have not had this experience and injected CO2 this way
for years.  The only thing I know for sure is that 2 of the times my filter
locked up I had about $200-$400 worth of fish in the aquarium that were belly
up!  I would advise anyone to get a reactor setup like Tom Barr's system, I
believe that Robert has a system available at Aquabotanic as well.  JMO,

Don

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---