Re: Substrate dosing

I think the trick here is to place the 'missing' ingredient(s) in the
substrate. Since I have a relatively high fish load, I end up with a lot of
N and P in the water column. Makes no sense to dose those two into the water
column at all. Wouldn't keeping N and P out of the substrate make the plants
pull them from the water column? But what about K and Fe (and the associated
micros)? If the rooted plants are pulling N and P out of the water column,
why not place K and Fe in the substrate in order to facilitate the plants
and starve the algae? Isn't that the basic premise, are far as Fe goes, of
both laterite and Fluorite?

TW