Co2-KH-PH-AARRGGHH!!!

Hmmmm, thought I had this stuff licked.  Guess not...  I thought that Co2
lowered PH AND KH.  My tap PH is 7.6 and Kh is 15.  I started with 100 drops
per minute of Co2.  This dropped the PH to around 7 and the KH to around 9.
Good, but not good enough. Time to drop some more.  Soooooo, I increased the
Co2 to 120 DPM.  Viola! the PH started to drop and settled at 6.8, SPOT ON!!
(so I thought)...  Now the KH has raised to 11!!  Run this through a ANY Co2
calculator and it is still bad!!!  I thought the KH dropped WITH PH???  Why
did this happen?  Should I try to drop the KH manually?  I should like to
see it at about 5.  What method is best?  Thanx in advance!!!

Michael from quiet Northern Indiana where the water pipes are made of
granite!  Flintstones, meet the Flintstones...