Re; EZ Ballast CF lights??? Azoo tests?

This really has me interested.  I may try these out this fall, but
I'd appreciate opinions on them.  And this leads me to a few more
CF questions.  the straight-pin versus square pin arrangement setups
cost the same price.  is one better than the other for any reason?
bulb availability, price, etc.?

I think the straight pin is the more common setup but if you are running
96 watt lamps then you need the square pin arrangement. I don't think
anyone but Panasonic is making those lamps. Those setups look very nice
but have one glaring drawback as they have no reflector. As with any HO
or VHO lamp it is pointless to use those types of lamps without a
reflector.

Chrys wrote:

And, do I understand correctly that the higher the temperature the
less yellow, and more "blue" or white" the bulbs appear?

--

Yes.

Chrys wrote:

  What about
"actinic" bulbs?  are they only good for reef?

Yes.

Chrys wrote:

What bulbs would you recommend?

--

CRI of at least 80. If is 90 even better. Whatever colour you like but
most people use 5000K to 6500K lamps.

Wayne