[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Hornwort!
- From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
- Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 15:10:30 -0600
- References: <200207020748.g627m2s16942 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020530
> Hi, I used a bit of Melafix in my 55gal tank, mostly as a precaution,
> BEFORE I had learned that medicines like this kill Hornwort!
I've used melafix on my planted tanks in the past with no problems.
I suspect something else is killing the hornwort.
I had a massive hornwort die-off the first time I treated for Ich.
It wasn't due to the medicine, but rather due to blacking the tank
out, and raising the temps. And when hornwort dies off, it makes
a HUGE mess, like a christmas tree that was left in the living room