Re: Substrate dosing

I think that this method has been made way more complicated than it need be.
I use a 20cc plastic syringe barrel (get them at the pharmacy, hack off the
needle attachment) to inject whatever I want into the substrate. Mix up a
liquid concentration of KNO3 or K2SO4 or CSM micromix, (or any combination)
and fill the syringe, shove it into the substrate, and push down on the
plunger like a neuroin addict hungry for a fix.... Well, you get the idea. I
usually include a little red clay to pre-bind the fertilizers. I can inject
about 100cc of concentrated "PMDD" into the substrate of a 90 gallon before
it starts to leak back out into the water column. Algae feed off the water
column, why dose there at all? (I do, with K2SO4, for reasons of
convenience/insanity).

TW