Fe limiting for green dust/green spot algae

Tom Wood wrote:

"I'm dosing just K2SO4 now to see if an Fe limited tank will do better
with green spot/dust algae. (N and P via fish food) "

I have been trying this too, for about 3 weeks. I did a 4 day blackout a
week ago, and of course all the green algaes went away. The green dust has
returned, but not so strongly as before the blackout - but I know the
blackout slows it down. I suspect that Fe limiting isn't going to do it. I
am dosing N, P, and K, and adding baking soda and Seachem Equilibrium.

-Rachel