Hornwort!

Hi, I used a bit of Melafix in my 55gal tank, mostly as a precaution, BEFORE I had learned that medicines like this kill Hornwort! Therefore, all of mine is dying, almost all dead. What can I do to fix this problem?! Is there any way I can keep future batches of it from dying? That is, it was about a week ago when I added the melafix, I have 4 undergravel filters, and a canister filter. Will I ever be able to put new hornwort into the tank without cleaning the entire tank with bleach or sumthin?