Re: IceCap Ballasts -- What's the watts or who's on first

> I know it is a lot to ask as there are so many
> possibilities but they could at least give the factors for a few
> common
> combinations. Without the B.F. no accurate prediction of light level
> can
> be made.

Scott wrote:

True enough but I'll bet they are techinically rated at better than .9,
nothing fancy.

-------

The ballast factor is not constant it varies with the lamps. Probably
from something like .60 when underdriving VHOs and 2.2 when overdriving
NO lamps. This is a critical piece of info if you want to know what you
are getting. I think it is a little bit of dirty pool for Icecap to not
explain this in their marketing. It kind of mystifies me that they take
this approach as I think they have a good product.

Wayne