osram lumilux

Has anyone found a better source for this Osram Lumilux or Biolux Dulux-L
PCFs?

To see the specs on the Lumilux visit http://catalog.myosram.com and search
for E4050300321417 ... when the search engine brings it up, click on the
little "information" icon near the top of the table, it will take you to a
page that is all german, the first two links are spectragraphs of the bulb
... the second spectragraph is for the lumilux at about 5000k, the first
link must be a different model (6700k maybe?) as the spectrum has higher
peaks and less of the stuff in between.

BTW: I found a dealer on the Internet that can get a dual light ballast (36
or 55w in the same package) for about $30, he is checking to see if his
company can also order the bulbs.  I will ask if he wouldn't mind me giving
out his email on the list... I'm sure there are others not afraid of DIY
that cringe at AHSupply's $60+ for a dual light setup (I must say however,
AHSupply's price is very very resonable, especially with all the extras they
include [fancy reflector, etc])

PS:

Thank you for all your input on my previous query about watts per gallon ...

I'm building myself some custom canopies (hoods) using Hoa G. Nguyen (thanks
man, great simple plan!)
[http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/canopy.html] currently I'm
building a ~20x10" for one of my 10 gal tanks and a ~32x12" for my 29 gal
tank.

The 10 gal has overkill lighting of 3x15watt t8's (two penn-plaxx aquria lux
[or something] and one cool-white), just wanted to see what would happen
with that and lots of CO2

The 29 gal has 4x20watt t12's (two GE plant/aquarium, one GE chroma 50
[daylight], one cool-white).

Also working on getting CO2 into this tank, fidgeting with a DIY powered CO2
dissolver using a 60gph mini fountain pump and some 1.25" tubing.

PPS:

Anyone know of a good source to get cheap (inexpensive) medium bi-pin lamp
holders (screw down or with brackets, or snap-on) ... I'm stuck with Home
Depot's GE/Leviton holders which are extremely brittle and difficult to
screw down.  I have some Triboro that I canalized from an old strip-light.
The are very small and have a hole in the middle for screw down, but no one
sells them, and I heard Triboro is out of business or bought out by someone.

Also looking for the 2g11 endcaps.

Gordon