Small Gray Snails?

About a month ago I noticed some new residents in my tank... small
grayish/white snails. They are about the size of a pea with rounded
shells as opposed to the conical ones I've seen pictures of. I have no
idea how they got into the tank. I haven't added any new plants for
about six months; I did add a half-dozen cherry barbs prior to the
snails' appearance - can snail eggs piggy back in a bag of fish from my LFS?

So far they seem inocuous enough although I have noticed a few wayward
plant leaves floating on the surface every few days. I suspect the
snails are responsible but maybe not.

Can anyone tell me based on the description above what I've got here.
Should I try to get rid of them or let them be.