Re: Modular Substrate

Tauni -
	Answer to your questions. I use a Dremel tool or Drill with a masonry
bit and grind stone to cut my pots. I have never tried to cut one completely
in half this way, though. For that I would try soaking the pot in water for
an hour or so and cutting it with a hacksaw.
	As for just having potted plants with no substrate, I seem to recall
that Vinny Kutty had done this a while back. Some of his shots were in Aquarium
Fish Magazine, but I don't know the specific issue(would have been early 90s). He
had Java Moss growing on the outside of the pots to hide the terra cotta. The pics
were really nice, but he was using 4 inch pots, so they did take up some space.
If you are interested, I will crawl my archives and see if I have any more infomation
on this.

 Jon

--
Jon Wright