Re: Rorippa aquatic oddity

Hello, I just wanted to share an odd occurrence that has happened
with my Rorippa aquatic to see if anyone else is familiar with this
development.  Several months ago I purchase a emersed grown R.
aquatic and placed in in a planted tank, submerged.  It went
through the evolution from emergent leaves to submerged leaves.
After that was done I found an intact leaf floating in the tank that
had a couple short, tiny white strands coming out of the base of
the leaf stem.  I decided to stick the leaf in the ground on a chance
that the strands might be roots.  Sure enough a new plant
developed.
	Now the odd part, instead of developing into a rosette type
plant like a sword, it has grown as a stem plant.  It looks incredibly
strange.  The stem is very slender and the leaves are regular
shaped submergent  leaves coming out alternately up the stem
with a fairly large distance between each leaf.  The plant is about 6
inches  tall now.
	Anyone have any comments or ideas on this phenomenon?
Ray