RE: Disgusted with persistant algae

Hi,

I wouldn't worry about the light green film of algae on the glass.  Just wipe
it off every now and then.  It is, after all, also a plant.

You didn't say much about the number and condition of your plants, but I had
a similar problem with green "mat" algae on a newly set up low tech 29 with
two wpg of light  For about a month I had to remove gobs of it with no
improvement.  Finally I followed advice from here and planted a lot of fast
growing plants of various species.   In a few weeks the mat algae was gone.

Now the tank has only the "normal" algae and it looks great, to me, anyway.

Good luck!

Bill