[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: KH measurements - what units?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: KH measurements - what units?
- From: Joe Reiter <jreiter at bigfoot_com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:40:08 -0700
- References: <200206180748.g5I7m6Y23135 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.0rc3) Gecko/20020523
> Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:31:53 -0700
> From: Joe Reiter <jreiter at bigfoot_com>
> Subject: KH measurements - what units?
> My KH/GH test kit measures (if I recall) mg/L of KH. This means that I
> get results of numbers like 60. However, it seems that everything I
> read refers to a KH of single digit numbers, like 6. What is this
> number, and can I convert my mg/L readings into this? (for handy uses
> such as finding the CO2 concentration based on KH and pH... all the
> charts seem to use the single digit KH measurement)
> - -joe
Thanks to those who replied privately via email. It looks like I just
take my mg/L measurements of KH (and GH?) and divide by 17.8 to get the
"old" style measurement.