Re: Lighting for a 180 gallon

Hello Derek,

I have a 180 gallon, partially covered by glass and of the same
dimensions. It is lit by three 250 watt MHs. They hang about eight
inches from the surface, and the heat that they yield does burn or dry
emergent leaves and flowers. If you were to figure out a method of
focusing the beams more narrowly, you could hang them higher. The 250
lamps are a bit more efficent than the 175s, and last longer.

Regards,