Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #148

Hello Ajit,

If your water company uses ONLY chlorine (Cl2), then 24 hours, WITH
aeration, should expell most of the chlorine from the water.

If, however, they are using chloramine, or something else for
desinfection, then aeration WILL NOT remove the desinfecting agent from
water. It all boils down to whether the information you are getting from
the water company is correct (in the chemical sense).

Best,

George