Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #147

Joe Reiter asked about Seachem's Excel and Flourish--

I use Excel in my East African Rift Tank.  With the high pH, you can't get
the CO2 concentration high enough to be beneficial to the plants.  So Excel
is the only alternative.  I have found that it works very well.  My plants,
which are high pH tolerant,  are flourishing.  Excel is a simple sugar that
is absobed by the plants.  Don't overdose as it can lead to cloudy water.
If you search the archives, there are other comments about Excel.

I have not used Onyx yet, but plan on using it for my next Rift tank.

Best Regards,

Roger Gordon