Re: Subject: Dirty Water

> Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 21:47:59 -0700
> From: "Rachel Sandage" <rachelsor at hotmail_com>
> Subject: Dirty Water
>
> This is only marginally on topic and I apologize, but I need help that
> google can't give me.
>
> I grew up on the east coast and went to college near Boston. Whenever I do
> water change, I find myself humming parts of a song which was popular back
> then - including lines like "Down by the banks, by the banks of the River
> Charles" and "Love that dirty water, [that's where the water change
> association is, if you were wondering] Ohhhh, Boston you're my home."
>
> Now I am living in Oregon with a husband from California and a fading
> memory. Please, can someone tell me the title of the song & the artist, or
> maybe send me a link so I can play it for my disbelieving spouse, and
maybe
> get it OUT of my head?
>
> Thanks,
> Rachel
> or via FTP to ftp.actwin.com in /pub/aquaria/aquatic-plants.

Rachel,
That was the Standells that had that hit ( at least here on the east coast)
. This link should get you to a page where you can play a clip ( enough is
there to get those famous lyrics heard) :
http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1736647261/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/al
bum.html/ArtistID=STANDELLS/ITEMID=1281403
( watch the wrap) or do a search using the artist "Standells"  at cdnow.com.
HTH,
Bob Buettner
Drying out after 3 days of rain in NW CT
http://www.home.cshore.com/luna/Fishpics/Fishlinks.html