Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #137

On Wednesday 05 June 2002 01:48, you wrote:

> I recently finished up a phenology project on leaf area changes in 4
> species of aquatic plants. I choose 4 test subjects (victims). Echinodorus
> cordifolius, Ludwigia acurata, Glossostigma and Lobelia cardinalis.

Interesting work, Tom.  I have a couple questions for clarity.

When you say that leaf area increased, do you mean that it increased relative
to the leaf area prior to the test, or did it increase relative to a control
population that remained emergent?

With leaf area, are you measuring the area of a single leaf, the total leaf
area on the plant, or leaf area per plant dry weight?  Maybe something else?

Roger Miller