Re: Getting rid of BGA

As usual, the simplest solution is often the best.  Get an old toothbrush
and wind as much bga as possible into the bristles.  Toss the bga away and
repeat.   When you have had enough for the day, quit (5-10 minutes is about
the right amount of time to spend).  Come back the next day and
repeat.   If you spend 10 minutes per day on this drill, you should be done
in 3-4 days.  Just don't slack on the work.  Fixes it for me every time.  I
believe the reason it works is that the bga require a nutrient that becomes
exhausted with careful extermination of the existing biota.   Just my $.02
worth.  This also works for other algaes, like hair and staghorn.  Keep
after them.

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco   NE5EE     gomberg at wcf dot com
http://www.wcf.com/co2iron for low cost CO2 systems that work!

multipart/mixed
---