Re: life in a canister

Ghazanfar Ghori said he found fish in his filter:

> 	I found a black molly (2"), a wagtail platy (1"), a full grown
> 	cherry barb (male) and four Amano shrimp! Probably got in there
> 	as fry or something I guess.

I usually just find a snail or two.

If you haven't already, you might consider putting some reticulated
foam (That open-cell coarse foam, for example, a Marineland RUGF foam)
on the the intake as a prefilter.  Even if fry swim close to the foam,
they can still swim away against the Eheim flow.  While the foam needs
to be rinsed more often that the Eheim, it reduces how often the Eheim
needs to be opened up, for cleaning or fish release.

Scott H.