CO2 system

Hello everyone,
I'm attempting to set up a planted tank at long last and I need some help
with the CO2 system. I'd like my first attempt not to be an utter failure.
The plants arrive tomorrow and a double guage CO2 regulator from Kegworks
that Tom Barr had recommended to others is on its way. I have 2 questions.

1) Instead of a needle valve would it be ok to use a flow control valve, one
touch fitting?  It is made by a company called SMC out of a material called
PBT. It's O-ring is made out of nitrile butyl rubber. This valve was given to
my husband today from a person in the pneumonics dept. of a robotics firm
where they both work. We hooked it up to compressed air with the regulator
set on 20 psi and could get any bubble rate we wanted. Is there any reason we
should buy a needle valve when we could just use this? I have no experience
with valves of any sort and am at a loss here.

2) What is the composition of CO2 resistant tubing? There is a large variety
of tubing at the robotics company so I'm wondering if they have something we
could use.

Thanks for any suggestions

Denise
who has no algae problems because the lights have not yet been turned on

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---