Re: Starting Over

In a message dated 5/29/02 2:56:19 AM Central Daylight Time,

> My tank is getting worse, not better. The white stuff which looks like
> filmy
> mold is spreading over everything. The green dust algae is back, worse than
>
> ever. There is brown stuff growing in all my tubing and the mixer J. I am
> so
> frustrated and I don't know what to do. Plant growth is tremendous, huge,
> fast, bright, except for crypts, lotus, and now my Barclaya longifolia,
> which all grow a few leaves, then melt, then repeat the cycle.
>
> I am starting to wonder if I should just rip everything out & start over.
> The tank will be a year old in July, and it has never stabilized. What do
> you all think - should I start over?

Rachel,

I would not start over.  I have not followed your previous posts intensely,
but I am sure Tom B. could give some good advice where to go with things.
Maybe a UV sterilizer would cut some of that algae down?  I am not sure there
but again Tom would know.  Maybe a real detailed rundown of everything in
your tank, like water parameters, lighting, etc.  I would bet someone can
help.  Sounds like you must be doing something right with good growth in some
plants.  Hang in there.

Don

multipart/alternative
  text/html