Re: better than amano shrimp

I went back to the archives and looked up the crab talked about as being
endangered. While some populations are endangered most are not and they are
more wide spread than just New Zealand occurring in northern Australia as
well. I think these crabs would be a great way to provide the multifaceted
attack on algae that I ascribe to. Between the crabs, shrimp and dwarf
crayfish the result would be an interesting diversity of species with in the
aquarium at least. The crabs are so small I can't see them being a danger to
any fish. Does anyone else use the many pronged attack on algae? What animals
do you use? I use dwarf crayfish, shrimp, MTS snails and ottos. Stone rollers
are a good substitute for ottos in a North American native fish tank. The
crab Amarinus lacustris would be worth looking into if anyone has access to
them.

Moon