algae problem

Well, only one person responded to my post on red algae and the high
light/high CO2 tank and that was Wayne who commented that 192 watts of
power compact light on a 40 is an awful lot.  I do realize that, but the
idea was to try one of the newer fixtures with PC light and I do love
the brightness of it.  So does the algae.  I could try turning one light
off for awhile since they have 2 switches.  But, I don't want that to be
the permanent solution.

Noone wanted to comment on my idea that high K is the real problem?

Roxanne Bittman