Crinum flower stalk

Hello Folks,

I have what I think is a flower spike on my Crinum
aquatica plant.  It is a think green tube that is
about the diameter of a wooden pencil.  At the top is
a very light green leaf wrap that looks like it covers
an immature flower.  It’s growing about 2 inches a day
and will break the surface of the water in my 55
gallon tank soon.  Does anyone have any experience
with these?  What should I expect?  Can I rub the
flower with a Q-tip to pollinate the seeds?

Not too long ago, Kurt N. had a crinum calamistratum
flower, but there wasn’t much else in the archive.

Thanks,

Chris
Warren, MI

=====