[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: CO2 leak?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: CO2 leak?
- From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
- Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 18:23:00 -0600
- References: <200205190748.g4J7m3s06084 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0rc1) Gecko/20020417
> with a good amount of CO2 in the CO2 cannister only to find that later in
> the day the CO2 cannister is almost empty and the CO2 bubble rate is
> unchanged? Could there be a leak somewhere else?
I've seen a few leaks. Check around all the fittings on the tank/
reactor with a solution of liquid dish-soap and water. Just a few drops
of soap with 1/2 cup of water, mix it well, and brush it on. You will
see bubbles if there is a leak.
Another thing to watch out for: The main valve on the CO2 tank will leak
around the valve-stem if the valve isn't completely open, or completely