[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Glossostigma diandrum
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Glossostigma diandrum
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 18:26:55 -0700
- In-reply-to: <200205180748.g4I7m2Y10112 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
Is it a vernal pool plant? G.e. did well in a test pool here in CA. Once the
leaves became emergent, they remained very small as you describe this
species(G.d.). What about floral differences? Does this plant grow well
underwater like G.e.? Any morphological changes(e.g. leave size)?
> The leaves on Glossostigma diandrum are no more than 2 mm wide.
> Glossostighma elatinoides is the most common in the aquarium trade
> and it has much wider leaves.
> Dave Wilson