Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #100

At 03:48 AM 5/18/02 -0400, Scott Heiber wrote:
>I have heard (from a reliable source but not experienced myself) that
>Eheim diffusers sometimes having a problem where the ceramic disk pops
>out.  The disk is a friction fit inside a rubber ring.  I suppose that,
>with a new one, you would want to open the diffuser and feel the disk
>placement to ensure that it is held well in place.
>
>Or maybe it's really an extremely rare thing.  Dave Gomberg is probably
>more knowledgable than anyone on these devices and perhaps he can set
>us straight on the proper installation and use of these injectors.

I would say that one in a hundred Eheim diffusors has a problem where the
disk requires careful seating in the rubber ring.   I have never heard of
one "popping out", but I have heard of ones that had to be seated a couple
or three times before they "got it".

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco   NE5EE     gomberg at wcf dot com
http://www.wcf.com/co2iron for low cost CO2 systems that work!

multipart/mixed
---