Re: NO3 testing

> Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 10:25:59 -0700
> From: Jeff Coart <rapdfire at pacbell_net>
> Subject: Re: NO3 testing
>
> Anybody have any experience with Salifert kits? Are they reliable? I
> guess I need to mix a sample of water with a known NO3 concentration to
> determine if the thing works correctly.

That can't hurt.  Also, please remember that I'm talking in generalities
about typical methods used to determine nitrates.  Some of these test kits
contain proprietary reagents and thus may differ from the standard Cadmium
reduction followed by a Griess color reaction.

All I can say about any particular kit is to follow the kit instructions,
and if you have questions about the operation of the kit or the reliablity
of your results you should contact the manufacturer.

--Bill