Re: what to look for in a pet shop

Joe wrote "I am surveying a broad section of hobbyists to determine what
they look for  in a pet shop.  (I know - PLANTS! :-D)"

Joe,

An owner or carreer employee, or at least one who will be there for a few
years, who knows the regular cusomers.  This is a big help for finding
difficult to get fish and plants.  That's what I look for.  It seems that if
there is at least one person there who is really in the store and customers,
the other stuff seems to fall into place (clean tanks, gooddry-good stock,
reliable feeder fish and crickets, etc.).

Cheers,

Chris